By Jenna Shulman
Throughout the first season of "Glee," we have seen many sides to Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch). Between being the cynical coach of Cheerios to actively trying to destroy Glee Club and Will Schuester (Matthew Morrison), she is one character that we certainly love to hate and hate to love. However, in last night's season finale of "Glee," we saw the side to Sue Sylvester that we weren’t sure we’d ever see (publicly, at least): her sensitive side. She became a judge at Regionals, voted for New Directions to win and told the Schue that she actually admired him!
Despite all of this, we have no doubt that Sue will come back in season two in rare form once again. Until then, we're paying tribute to the McKinley coach with our list of the Top 10 Sue Sylvester Quips (check them out after the jump), We can only imagine what next season will have to offer!
1. "Oh hey there, William, I thought I'd smell cookies wafting from the ovens of your little elves that live in your hair"
-Sue to Will, Episode 15 “The Power of Madonna”
2. "Get ready for the ride of your life Will Schuester. You're about to board the Sue Sylvester Express. Destination: horror!"
-Sue to Will, Episode 13 “Sectionals”
3. "You know, for me trophies are like herpes. You can try to get rid of them but they just keep coming. Sue Sylvester has hourly flair ups of burning itchy highly contagious talent."
-Sue to Will, Episode 21 “Funk”
5. "Dear Journal, something strange happened yesterday. I felt something below the neck. Dare I admit it? I have feelings for one Will Schuester. Sexy, non-murdering feelings ... True love always springs from true hate. I'll admit in the past I've fantasized about waking up with Will's head on the pillow next to me, except now I pictured it attached to the rest of his body."
Sue writes in her journal, Episode 21 "Funk"
6. Sue: "Iron tablet? It keeps your strength up when you menstruate."
Will: "I don't menstruate."
Sue: "Neither do I."
Sue in conversation with Will, Episode 2 "Showmance"
7. "Will, I made a small diaper for you're chin, because it looks like a baby's ass"
Sue to Will, Episode 17 “Bad Reputation”
8. "Dear Journal, Feeling listless again today. It began at dawn, when I tried to make a smoothie out of beef bones, breaking my juicer. And then at Cheerios practice, disaster. It was unmistakable. It was like spotting the first spark on the Hindenburg. A quiver. That quiver will lose us Nationals. Without a championship, I'll lose my endorsements, and without those endorsements, I won't be able to buy my hovercraft."
Sue writes in her journal, Episode 6 "Vitamin D"
9. "I'll often yell at homeless people: 'Hey, how is that homelessness working out for you? Try not being homeless for once.'"
Sue on "Sue's Corner" segment, Episode 4 “Preggers”
10.. "I empower my Cheerios to be champions. Do they go to college? I don't know. I don't care. Should they learn Spanish? Sure, if they wanna become dishwashers and gardeners."
Sue to Will, Epsiode 7 "Throwdown"
Don't forget to read our season one finale recap!
Which is your most favorite Sue quote ever? Do you think its funny that she always picks on Will or is it getting a bit old?